Provide Health Screenings
Impact area: Physical health
Location(s): Various locations in the Greater Hartford area
Hours: Weekday and weekend mornings and afternoons
Duration: Seasonal. Health screening events take place between April and November, but volunteers may sign up year-round
Desired level of commitment: Three health screening events per year
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Providing blood pressure, glucose and/or cholesterol screenings
- Setting up and taking down tables
- Setting up pop-up tents
- Engaging and talking with community members about health resources
- Reviewing information provided in brochures with community members
- Discussing screening results with community members
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- An RN, LPN, ARPN, MD, nursing student or medical student
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Able to provide proof of medical credentials prior to volunteering
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.