Pick Up and Deliver Boxes of Food to Food Pantry
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): East Hartford, Bloomfield
Hours: Thursday mornings
Duration: Weekly, year-round
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Picking up boxes of food donations
- Loading boxes of food donations into vehicle
- Unloading boxes of donated food at food pantry
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Able to use own vehicle
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.