Article by Urban Alliance staff.
December 1 is right around the corner and it is anything but a run-of-the-mill Tuesday.
In fact, it is Giving Tuesday, a day set aside each year by people and organizations worldwide to celebrate generosity, provide easy on-ramps to make a difference and, put simply, to acknowledge that our impact is greater when we work together.
By giving, you will be helping coordinated, collaborative efforts through Urban Alliance initiatives to:
- Provide incentives for fresh produce for people living in Hartford to increase utilization of farmers markets and promote healthy food choices.
- Implement case management at food, clothing and housing programs to support individuals working towards greater self-sufficiency.
- Provide health screenings for individuals at risk of chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Bridge relationships at local Title 1 schools to help children and youth experience academic success.
- Enhance the quality, accessibility and provision of local emotional care services to those seeking support.
- Facilitate opportunities for youth to develop adult-youth partnerships and transform the community through service and advocacy.
... and much more!
It's easy to participate. Here are 3 ways:
Click here to make a one-time gift or become a UAGive Champion by pledging to give on a monthly basis*.
*The Grace & Hope Foundation has offered to support Urban Alliance's goal by offering a dollar-for-dollar match of all donations from new monthly donors (those who did not donate monthly in 2014) for up to one year (throughDecember 31, 2016)! Plus, 100% of all financial donations go directly to helping people through Urban Alliance initiatives.
Click here to invite people from your social networks to make a difference through our #BetterTogether campaign via Thunderclap.
Take an #UNselfie
and post to social media to show how or why you participated in #BetterTogether.
Don't use social media?
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
to be included in our campaign!
Together, our impact will be greater, more people will be reached and more lives will be changed. Will you join us this Giving Tuesday?
You may also be interested in: