Assist with Cleaning at Transitional Living Program
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): West Hartford
Hours: Weekday or weekend mornings and afternoons
Desired level of commitment: 1-2 hours per month
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
- Assisting staff and residents with upkeep of transitional living homes
- Sweeping, mopping and additional cleaning projects
- Interacting with transitional living home residents
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Willing to complete additional host-site specific paperwork and requirements
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Experienced with home cleaning
- Open to engaging with people who are facing substance-abuse struggles
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
INTERESTED IN THIS UASERVE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY?
Email Rosa McGuire, Urban Alliance's Volunteer Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.